PureFlex – FlexChem® Series
FlexChem is one of the industry’s most versatile, rubber covered FEP-lined transfer hoses. It is designed for full flow applications that require maximum flexibility, minimum weight, high purity. This smooth bore FEP hose with its EPDM rubber cover is easy to handle and resists abrasion and chemical attack while it facilitates easy cleanability. The smooth, rubber cover makes it easy for operators to safely grip and handle the hose.
FlexChem hose incorporates a FEP, smooth bore design which gives it superior flexibility. Through a proprietary process, the FEP liner is bonded, covered and reinforced with multi-layered rubber, spiral-wound polyester cords and a double helix wire which gives it superior flexibility. Grounding is possible via its internal wires.
This wire helix “back bone” also supports full vacuum service. FlexChem series hose is available in white FEP or a PTFE conductive black liner where electrostatic dissipation is required. To ensure continuous fluid contact with FEP throughout the hose assembly, the FEP liner can be factory flared through: flanges; sanitary fittings; male and female cams.
- Applications: Chemical and external abrasion resistant, sanitary
- Liner material: FEP & PTFE
- Cover: EPDM rubber
- Size range: 1/2″ to 6″
- Pressure rating: Full vacuum to 525 PSI
- Temperature range: -40°F to +350°F
|Temperature Range: -40°F (-40°C) to +350°F (177°C)|
- Corrosion resistant. FEP & PTFE are fully resistant to the broadest range of industrial chemicals and has a zero corrosion rate and lower life cycle costs.
- Cleanable. Non-stick, low porosity tube does not trap bacteria and can be cleaned with steam, detergents, caustics or solvents.
- Sanitary. FDA-approved materials meet or exceed 3A requirements.
- Compatible. Will not contaminate or impart a taste, color or odor to any media
- Flexible. The most flexible rubber covered hose in the industry. Does not fatigue or stress corrode like metal hose.
- Durable. Designed for extended use in hostile environments involving severe chemical, thermal, and mechanical stresses. Does not suffer aging or embrittlement, even with extreme thermal cycling.